The hand-painted installation, titled Lettuce Entertain You, features a nearly five-foot-tall sculpture in the shape of a massive canapé and six smaller versions; all incorporate plates from the lettuce ware collection into the design. So how exactly did Wood come up with the fantastical idea to do oversized canapés with a starter inspiration point in Tory Burch and Dodie Thayer? Read our interview with the artist here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub