The hand-painted installation, titled Lettuce Entertain You, features a nearly five-foot-tall sculpture in the shape of a massive canapé and six smaller versions; all incorporate plates from the lettuce ware collection into the design. So how exactly did Wood come up with the fantastical idea to do oversized canapés with a starter inspiration point in Tory Burch and Dodie Thayer? Read our interview with the artist here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 2.28.20 A Life in Full Color: Gerhard Richter’s Unending Influence
- Culture 2.25.20 This Book Knows You Uncomfortably Well
- Culture 2.24.20 In Memoriam: Katherine Johnson From the Earth to the Moon
- Culture 2.19.20 Why Tory Wants You to Get to Know Simone Veil
- Culture 2.18.20 The Tory Burch Foundation: The Backstory