“In 1961, they jumped in my father’s convertible BMW and eloped to Old Sturbridge Village, Massachusetts. They spent their honeymoon with champagne and sandwiches in a small New England hotel. They were never apart afterward.
“They traveled — every summer, for six weeks, taking a big steamer ship to Italy, France, Greece and Morocco. They celebrated an official honeymoon at La Mamounia in Marrakech, and kept going back every few years. And every single day they were, in my mother’s words, ‘mad for each other.’”
— Tory, from the above excerpt from Tory Burch In Color
More to explore in Style
- Style 1.10.20 You Know The Drille… Or Do You?
- Style 1.9.20 Editors’ Mood Board: A Collage That Pays Tribute to a Crafty Collection
- Style 12.31.19 An Exclusive New Year’s Eve Comic from Your New Favorite Cartoonist
- Style 12.18.19 The Teddy Coat That Le Tout Instagram is Obsessed With
- Style 12.16.19 Last-Minute but First-Class: A Very Special Holiday Gift Selection