Here’s a look at Shanghai from a true insider: Leon Sun,
the Editorial Director of Elle Decoration China.
He shares his favorite spots for fresh flowers,
local treasures and not-to-be-missed architecture…
first-time visitors to shanghai must visit…
The Bund. It’s the beginning of the history of Shanghai
and it’s always contemporary
best place for local treasures…
Julu Road, Changle Road & Fumin Road. You can see
both old and modern culture and view here.
Best home decor store…
Best flower market…
Cao Jia Du flower market. We all buy different kinds of
flowers inside — it is traditional, but a bit messy.
The best flower store is The Beast.
Is in Banyan Tree Shanghai On The Bund.
The best architecture…
In my opinion, it’s Wukang Building.
My favorite local escape…
For an off-the-beaten-path day
I recommend Sichuan Road in the Hongkou District —
you’ll find a lot of local shops.
One secret only a local would know…
Jian Guo restaurant — it’s one of my favorite restaurants where you can eat local food.
See more from the Shanghai Issue.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 1.16.20 #DestinationAnywhere: Actress Calu Rivero’s Guide to Uruguay
- Travel 1.8.20 #DestinationAnywhere: 7 Poolside Essentials
- Travel 1.7.20 Must Visit: Maison de la Luz in New Orleans
- Travel 1.6.20 Tory On: Getaways and Great Adventures
- Travel 12.23.19 How Zara Rahim Plans to Reset After a Whirlwind Year