“Black is graphic and sharp. I don’t wear it much, except maybe with navy — a combination that always seems to work. Black’s power is nostalgic. I love looking at Ron Galella’s photos of celebrities in the Seventies, watching The Philadelphia Story and the simple pleasure of reading the newspaper in bed. To this day, the single most important source of inspiration behind our company comes from family albums filled with black-and-white photographs of my parents.” — Tory
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub