“Yellow is optimistic. There is a picture of my mother wearing a Pucci bathing suit in our backyard that perfectly captures the ease and glamour of the 1970s — it’s a favorite of my team’s. Yellow fits my mother’s personality — she is the most optimistic person I know. There is that perfect shade that is very light, almost the color of lemon ice. I like it paired back to navy, white or olive, and I especially love it against gold.” — Tory
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub