Saint Laurent’s Creative Director Hedi Slimane isn’t just a fashion designer with a passion for music; he’s a full-out music fanatic. The L.A. transplant’s been photographing the rock scene, from the indie underground to its high-wattage icons, for over a decade and now you can see 15 years worth of those musical archives in a new exhibit, Sonic, at the Fondation Pierre Bergé-Yves Saint Laurent in Paris. Among the subjects: Lou Reed, shot just months before his death, David Byrne, Keith Richards, Brian Wilson, Frances Bean Cobain and Amy Winehouse. Can’t make it to Paris? There’s the exhibition’s accompanying book. Plus, you can check out the Saint Laurent Music Project, which features rock stars — shot by Slimane again — styling themselves in clothes from the storied French house.
More to explore in Music
- Music 10.30.20 Les Filles’ Playlist for Festive Fall Days
- Music 9.8.20 Musician Layla Kardan on Her Inspirations and Proudest Moments
- Music 8.31.20 Alice Smith Brought Down The House at Fall/Winter 2020
- Music 7.3.20 A Feel-Good July 4th Playlist
- Music 5.13.20 Pump Up the Volume: A Mad Marj Original Playlist