Saint Laurent’s Creative Director Hedi Slimane isn’t just a fashion designer with a passion for music; he’s a full-out music fanatic. The L.A. transplant’s been photographing the rock scene, from the indie underground to its high-wattage icons, for over a decade and now you can see 15 years worth of those musical archives in a new exhibit, Sonic, at the Fondation Pierre Bergé-Yves Saint Laurent in Paris. Among the subjects: Lou Reed, shot just months before his death, David Byrne, Keith Richards, Brian Wilson, Frances Bean Cobain and Amy Winehouse. Can’t make it to Paris? There’s the exhibition’s accompanying book. Plus, you can check out the Saint Laurent Music Project, which features rock stars — shot by Slimane again — styling themselves in clothes from the storied French house.
More to explore in Music
- Music 12.4.19 Pop Princess Mafalda on Holiday-Party Chic
- Music 11.28.19 The Perfect Side for Your Pumpkin Pie? A New Playlist
- Music 10.31.19 A Very Spooky Playlist
- Music 10.30.19 Dubai Dance Party: Getting Down with Gloria Gaynor
- Music 9.27.19 New Music Now