Crafted from spotted calf hair and Italian leather, this saddlebag offers a quick hit of chic with far-flung appeal.
It takes after the centuries-old Colombian carriel, worn by traditional coffee farmers who would travel for days, with mules, to deliver the beans. While the original inspiration included a bevy of hidden compartments for their long journeys — the arrieros reportedly carried everything from protective amulets to love letters — our version comes with a simplified set of interior pockets built for more modern on-the-go essentials, like, say, a card case and smartphone.
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.18.19 Dancer Aoi Yamada on the Power of Performance
- Style 10.16.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Packing with Paravel’s Indre Rockefeller
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes