Crafted from spotted calf hair and Italian leather, this saddlebag offers a quick hit of chic with far-flung appeal.
It takes after the centuries-old Colombian carriel, worn by traditional coffee farmers who would travel for days, with mules, to deliver the beans. While the original inspiration included a bevy of hidden compartments for their long journeys — the arrieros reportedly carried everything from protective amulets to love letters — our version comes with a simplified set of interior pockets built for more modern on-the-go essentials, like, say, a card case and smartphone.
More to explore in Style
- Style 12.5.19 Chicken v. Baby Yoda: Who Wore It Best?
- Style 11.25.19 ‘Tis the Season to Get Your Cozy Sweater On
- Style 11.21.19 This Fashion Editor-Turned-Podcaster has Travel Top of Mind for the New Year
- Style 11.17.19 Just One Thing: Embrace Ambition Bracelets
- Style 11.17.19 Instagram-Approved Looks for the Holiday Season