Tips from the fashion editor to make your warm-weather staples last through the season
It happens to the best of us. It’s fall, the holidays are ahead, the temperature dips to a nice crisp chill and… we can’t stop thinking about summer and summer style. If only we could get more mileage out of our warm-weather favorites, right? Here, Mary Kate Steinmiller teaches us how to do just that. “This summer, I’ve been living in simple satin and silk slip dresses,” she says. “They’re versatile, worn with an oversized sweater on top or a tiny white tee underneath. To wear them through fall, I rely on outerwear and more substantial accessories.” Get her tips above as Mary Kate shows us how she pairs a gray 6397 slip dress with Tory’s Tasha coat and Bloomfield booties for an October dinner out at Noodle Pudding in Brooklyn Heights.
More to explore in Style
- Style 12.5.19 Chicken v. Baby Yoda: Who Wore It Best?
- Style 11.25.19 ‘Tis the Season to Get Your Cozy Sweater On
- Style 11.21.19 This Fashion Editor-Turned-Podcaster has Travel Top of Mind for the New Year
- Style 11.17.19 Just One Thing: Embrace Ambition Bracelets
- Style 11.17.19 Instagram-Approved Looks for the Holiday Season