Why do women wear what they wear? That’s the question a trio of writers — Leanne Shapton, Heidi Julavits and Sheila Heti — have set out to explore in their upcoming book, Women in Clothes. Here, we turn the lens on Leanne, who’s also an illustrator and Co-Founder of J&L Books, for a quick hit of literary Q’s.
Book that changed my life…
Emily of New Moon by Lucy Maud Montgomery
And if I were stranded on a deserted island…
I’d want the dictionary with me. And a blank notebook.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 1.17.20 Exploring the World through Vivian Suter’s Gorgeous Brushstrokes
- Culture 1.15.20 Here’s The Book That’s Coming On Your Next Getaway
- Culture 12.25.19 From Us to You — ♡♡♡
- Culture 12.24.19 A Festive Word (and Drawing) From One of Our Instagram Obsessions
- Culture 12.22.19 Say goodbye to 2019 and hello to your new horoscope!