Whether or not you’re traveling this holiday weekend, we’ve got the perfect book
to transport you: Emma Straub’s The Vacationers, which follows a family of Manhattanites as they embark on a two-week trip to Majorca. The book’s cover shows beachy bliss — and there is plenty of sun, Scrabble, tapas and tennis courts — but beneath the surface, tension lurks. The family all brought their baggage. As secrets come to light and repressed rivalries bubble up, we’ve got an irresistible beach read on our hands, best consumed wherever you happen to be — on or
off the beach.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub