The unveiling also marks the end of a two-year, $40 million renovation to the museum’s fashion wing — its first major modernization since 1992. See the upgrades when the new center’s inaugural show, dedicated to couturier Charles James, opens May 8.
More to explore in Style
- Style 10.15.19 Most Wanted: The Lee Radziwill Double Bag
- Style 10.11.19 A History of the International Best Dressed List
- Style 10.9.19 Something Old, Something New with Stylist José Ramón Reyes
- Style 10.6.19 Aya Omasa on Her Dream Roles and Favorite Movies
- Style 10.3.19 #DestinationAnywhere: Dubai with Karen Wazen