Wes Anderson’s quirky characters, rich visuals and immersive worlds have colored our cinematic experience for almost two decades. Four years in the making, The Wes Anderson Collection takes a deep dive into the auteur’s seven-film oeuvre, from his full-length debut, Bottle Rocket, to the more recent favorite, Moonrise Kingdom. Previously unpublished behind-the-scenes photos and sketches complement a book-long interview with Anderson himself — which reveals everything from his favorite Hitchcock movie (Rear Window) to what happened to all the movies he made as a kid (most were stolen out of his car in Austin, Texas).
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To See: A Celebration of Chinese Inspiration at The Met Tue, May 5, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day Entrepreneurs: Baby2Baby’s Kelly Sawyer Patricof & Norah Weinstein Sun, May 3, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Photographer & DJ Brooke Williams on Raising a Future Jedi Master Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Editors’ Wish List, The Book Edition Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Tastemakers on Mom’s Best Advice Fri, May 1, 2015