Diana Vreeland needs no introduction. Neither do her witty proclamations and bon mots. And if you’re a fan — and, really, who isn’t? — then you’ll love the new book Diana Vreeland Memos: The Vogue Years, which confirms everything you already know about this legendary editor: she’s imminently quotable and completely a fashion tour de force. Compiled by her grandson, it features a trove of personal correspondences to designers, editors, models and photographers — influencers all, from Richard Avedon and Horst P. Horst to Veruschka, Halston and Cristobal Balenciaga. Memos is a fascinating read, compelling both in its intimacy and over-the-top flair. But don’t just take our word for it — glimpse into her world of words here yourself.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015