Diana Vreeland needs no introduction. Neither do her witty proclamations and bon mots. And if you’re a fan — and, really, who isn’t? — then you’ll love the new book Diana Vreeland Memos: The Vogue Years, which confirms everything you already know about this legendary editor: she’s imminently quotable and completely a fashion tour de force. Compiled by her grandson, it features a trove of personal correspondences to designers, editors, models and photographers — influencers all, from Richard Avedon and Horst P. Horst to Veruschka, Halston and Cristobal Balenciaga. Memos is a fascinating read, compelling both in its intimacy and over-the-top flair. But don’t just take our word for it — glimpse into her world of words here yourself.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: Richard Diebenkorn Thu, May 21, 2015
- Culture To See: Niki de Saint Phalle at Guggenheim Bilbao Mon, May 18, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Cannes 2015 Sat, May 16, 2015
- Culture Insider’s Guide: Bettina Prentice’s Frieze NY Thu, May 14, 2015
- Culture Word of Mouth: Teresita Fernández’s Madison Square Park Takeover Mon, May 11, 2015