Why do you love jeans?
They’re the all-time classic American look. Chic, utilitarian and versatile all at once.
What’s your favorite denim silhouette and rinse?
Right now, I love a dark, skinny style. We have a new denim collection that I’m excited about — we worked really hard on the fit and the rinses so that all our jeans are ultra-flattering.
How do you wear it?
In this picture, I’m wearing our Legging jean in Rinse. The near-black blue dresses it up a bit, so it can work with a blouse or more tailored look on top. As with anything…I go for the high heel.
Can denim work in the office?
It can, depending on what kind of office. People wear jeans in our office all the time — with a tucked-in ladylike blouse and a cool shoe or a blazer and crisp button-down that is on this side of tomboy chic. Another look is a cropped jean style worn with a great summer sandal or smoking slipper.
More to explore in Style
- Style Meet the Stylist: Martha Ward Wed, Apr 16, 2014
- Style New on the Scene: Louisa & Pookie Burch’s Trademark Mon, Apr 14, 2014
- Style Editors’ Style Tip: Coachella Chic Fri, Apr 11, 2014
- Style Street Style: Zina Charkoplia’s Scarlet Fever Thu, Apr 10, 2014
- Style Workweek Chic: Spotlight on the Sheath Tue, Apr 8, 2014