“Morocco, the gateway to Africa, means different things to different people. The history, architecture, textiles, spices and, most importantly, the people and artisans there have inspired many. I visited Morocco a few years ago, but when an opportunity to return recently came up, I jumped. This was where my parents Buddy and Reva honeymooned, and where they returned often.The Financial Times invited me to its Luxury Summit in Marrakech, and while there, the Tory Burch Foundation team and I took the opportunity to meet with local women entrepreneurs and small business owners. Friends, family and the design team came, too — we kept to a morning-to-night schedule of visiting souks and artisans. A friend once said to always look up when you’re in Marrakech — from the minarets to the doorways, you will see something remarkable. It’s true.” — Tory
Here, Tory is in Yves Saint Laurent’s famous Majorelle Garden. For more pictures from Tory’s trip to Morocco, see our Pinterest page.
More to explore in Travel
- Travel Word of Mouth: We’re in L.A.! Sun, Feb 22, 2015
- Travel Model Jeísa Chiminazzo on: Carnaval! Fri, Feb 13, 2015
- Entertaining Top 10: Floral Designer Maria Villalba’s Favorite Gardens Thu, Feb 5, 2015
- Travel Spotlight On: Martina Mondadori Sartogo’s TB Milan Party (and City Guide) Wed, Jan 28, 2015
- Travel Getaway: Jewelry Designer Tracy Palac Duñgo’s Hawaii Sun, Jan 18, 2015