Fresh off the release of his album Blow Your Pants Off, we brought Jimmy Fallon back for our first-ever music issue. After all, the late night host is a genius at spot-on musical impressions. Have you heard his take on Springsteen, Dylan and Jagger? (If not, get to YouTube — stat.) Here, the SNL alum talks soundtracks and guilty pleasures.
What song changed your life?
Crying by Roy Orbison. I didn’t realize you could be that operatic in a pop song.
Weird Al Yankovic at the Ulster Performing Arts Center in Kingston, New York. It was the Dare To Be Stupid tour. My parents took me.
Song you never get tired of hearing…
Do They Know It’s Christmas? by the original Band Aid.
Guilty pleasure song/album…
Here’s Where the Story Ends by The Sundays. (Or anything by The Sundays.)
If you could sing backup for any artist…
The Bee Gees.
It’s Freaky Friday — whom would you swap with?
Last album you downloaded…
Soundtrack for a dinner party should always include…
Any Jackie Gleason orchestra. I grew up with those always playing.
Best band we’ve never heard of…
Soundtrack of your life…
Harry Nilsson’s Greatest Hits
More to explore in Music
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Fall/Winter 2015 Wed, Aug 26, 2015
- Culture Music Issue: Spotlight on Broadway’s Renée Elise Goldsberry Tue, Aug 18, 2015
- Music Music Issue: Double Take, Leon Bridges & Frank Ocean Sun, Aug 16, 2015
- Music Music Issue: Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi on the Grateful Dead Sun, Aug 16, 2015
- Music Music Issue: Spotlight on Singer-Songwriter Courtney Barnett Sat, Aug 15, 2015