Rashida, in a custom Tory Burch gown, photographed by Noa Griffel in New York
The actress shares her Met Gala day (and night)
- 9:00 AM
- Wake up.
- 9:15 AM
- Edit script I'm working on with my writing partner, Will McCormack
- 10:30 AM
- Meet Amy Poehler at Balthazar. So much catching up to do but not enough time! I love my Poehler so much!
- 12:00 PM
- Lunch with Sony Pictures Classics to discuss Celeste and Jesse Forever. (I exec produced, co-wrote and starred in.)
- 1:00 PM
- I have now had two meals by 1pm. Probably two more than most people going to the Met Ball tonight.
- 2:30 PM
- Hair, makeup, mani/pedi and stylist arrive at my hotel. Full blown girly moment for me. Can't say I hate it.
- 3:30 PM
- Okay, now it's three meals more than most people today. Or most people any day?
- 5:30 PM
- Tory's pre-cocktails. Delicious red wine. Trying not to be hungover by 9pm….
- 7:00 PM
- Red carpet. Holy madness. Glad I had wine.
- 9:00 PM
- Signing off so I can enjoy Bruno Mars crushing it on stage!
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book Issue: Eddie Huang’s Double Cup Love Tue, Jul 26, 2016
- Culture Book Issue: Author & Artist Devin Symons’ Portraits of Writers Mon, Jul 25, 2016
- Culture Book Issue: Author Imbolo Mbue on Toni Morrison’s Song of Solomon Fri, Jul 22, 2016
Book Issue: New York Magazine’s Wendy Goodman
on Must-Have Design Books Thu, Jul 21, 2016
- Culture Book Issue: Instagram Spotlight on Idea Books Wed, Jul 20, 2016