It’s Day 1 of the Tribeca Film Festival in New York. We asked Jane Rosenthal — who co-founded TFF in 2002 with Robert DeNiro, her Tribeca Productions partner, and husband Craig Hatkoff — about the spirit of the festival, her motivation and where film-goers really meet after hours.
My guiding principle when putting the festival together…
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Ghandi
Favorite TFF memory…
Nelson Mandela on the steps of City Hall at TFF’s opening.
Favorite TriBeCa restaurant…
Locanda Verde. I always order the sides — broccoli, squash, potatoes….
A neighborhood/festival secret only a local would know…
My personal favorite movie of all time…
Mary Poppins. The original Superwoman – she did it all, magically, with a spoon full of sugar.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: #ElephantYogaChallenge Wed, Aug 17, 2016
- Culture Spotlight On: Actress & Photographer Jiang Yiyan Wed, Aug 17, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: To Read, The Intelligent Conversationalist Sun, Aug 14, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: Summer Dinner Party Playlist Thu, Aug 11, 2016
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Leo Sun, Jul 31, 2016