It’s Day 1 of the Tribeca Film Festival in New York. We asked Jane Rosenthal — who co-founded TFF in 2002 with Robert DeNiro, her Tribeca Productions partner, and husband Craig Hatkoff — about the spirit of the festival, her motivation and where film-goers really meet after hours.
My guiding principle when putting the festival together…
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Ghandi
Favorite TFF memory…
Nelson Mandela on the steps of City Hall at TFF’s opening.
Favorite TriBeCa restaurant…
Locanda Verde. I always order the sides — broccoli, squash, potatoes….
A neighborhood/festival secret only a local would know…
My personal favorite movie of all time…
Mary Poppins. The original Superwoman – she did it all, magically, with a spoon full of sugar.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Holiday Issue: Artist Mary Nelson Sinclair on Color, More Color & Best Gifts Sat, Dec 20, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: Jewelry Designer Sevan Biçakçi Mon, Dec 15, 2014
- Culture To Do: Beatriz Milhazes at Pérez Art Museum Miami Sun, Dec 7, 2014
- Culture Art Advisor Maria Brito On: Lifestyling the Home Sat, Dec 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Michele Oka Doner at Christie’s Fri, Dec 5, 2014