Q: I always over-pack, even when I know I’m only going to be on the beach from morning to night. What’s your secret?
A: I edit myself before anything goes in the suitcase. I also pack pieces that I know will go well together. On my recent trip to Myanmar and Thailand, I brought a few simple cotton tanks that worked with anything from colored denim and shorts to a more romantic embroidered skirt…perfect for lazy days on my friend’s junk boat. I also packed lightweight printed cardigans, a few statement necklaces and beach cover-ups.
More to explore in Style
- Style Most Wanted: July 4th Packing List Thu, Jul 2, 2015
- Style Tory On: The New 797 & More Thu, Jul 2, 2015
- Style Book Issue: Tory on Fashion Books Tue, Jun 23, 2015
- Style Inspiration: Buddy & The New Bond Shoe Mon, Jun 22, 2015
- Style Author Amanda Brooks On: Always Packing a Party Dress Sun, Jun 21, 2015