Q: I always over-pack, even when I know I’m only going to be on the beach from morning to night. What’s your secret?
A: I edit myself before anything goes in the suitcase. I also pack pieces that I know will go well together. On my recent trip to Myanmar and Thailand, I brought a few simple cotton tanks that worked with anything from colored denim and shorts to a more romantic embroidered skirt…perfect for lazy days on my friend’s junk boat. I also packed lightweight printed cardigans, a few statement necklaces and beach cover-ups.
More to explore in Style
- Style Day in the Life: Marie Claire’s Jessica Minkoff Wed, Jul 30, 2014
- Style Most Wanted: Fitbit Flex Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- Style Just One Thing: The Printed Scarf Tue, Jul 15, 2014
- Beauty Rachel Antonoff On: Scents & Silliness Fri, Jul 11, 2014
- Style Double Take: Pamela Skaist-Levy & Gela Nash-Taylor Sat, Jul 5, 2014