Q: I always over-pack, even when I know I’m only going to be on the beach from morning to night. What’s your secret?
A: I edit myself before anything goes in the suitcase. I also pack pieces that I know will go well together. On my recent trip to Myanmar and Thailand, I brought a few simple cotton tanks that worked with anything from colored denim and shorts to a more romantic embroidered skirt…perfect for lazy days on my friend’s junk boat. I also packed lightweight printed cardigans, a few statement necklaces and beach cover-ups.
More to explore in Style
- Style Editors’ Style Tip: Summer Getaway Sat, May 23, 2015
- Beauty Most Wanted: Paintbox Manicures & Printed Bags Wed, May 20, 2015
- Style Behind the Scenes: The Making of Tory’s Kempner Slides Tue, May 19, 2015
- Style Tory On: Blue & White Tue, May 19, 2015
- Style Fashion Journalist Kate Betts On: Paris, WWD & Christian Louboutin Wed, May 13, 2015