Q: I always over-pack, even when I know I’m only going to be on the beach from morning to night. What’s your secret?
A: I edit myself before anything goes in the suitcase. I also pack pieces that I know will go well together. On my recent trip to Myanmar and Thailand, I brought a few simple cotton tanks that worked with anything from colored denim and shorts to a more romantic embroidered skirt…perfect for lazy days on my friend’s junk boat. I also packed lightweight printed cardigans, a few statement necklaces and beach cover-ups.
More to explore in Style
- Style 12.13.17 Holiday Issue: Tory on Holiday Memories & Decor
- Style 12.8.17 Art & Design Issue: Editors’ Style Tips, Miami Art Week
- Style 12.1.17 Pre-Fall 2018: Preview
- Style 11.28.17 Spotlight On: Giving Tuesday
- Style 11.25.17 Small Business Saturday: Meet the Entrepreneur, Piccolini’s Alex Zagami Ng