Picture a stunning cliffside villa overlooking the Mediterranean, straight out of a postcard. You, lounging by the turquoise pool, a cocktail in hand, the sun on your back, surrounded by gorgeous architecture and, a step away, breathtaking interior design and gourmet eats… Meet Le Sirenuse, a storied vacation escape for luminaries, like John Steinbeck, on the Amalfi Coast.
Here, we bring you a taste of that Italian getaway with the recipe to its signature cocktail from Roberto Wimmer, head barman at its newly revamped Franco’s Bar.
50 g vodka
20 g fresh lemon juice
10 g Cointreau
8 to 10 g orgeat or almond syrup
A large blackberry for garnish
Combine all the ingredients — except the blackberry — in a cocktail shaker with whole ice cubes (not crushed ice). Shake vigorously for half a minute or so, and pour into a dry martini glass. Serve garnished with a blackberry speared on a cocktail stick.
“It’s up to you whether you use the orgeat or almond syrup, but one or other is essential; it’s the secret ingredient that gives this cocktail its tropical allure.” — Roberto
More to explore in Travel
- Travel 10.3.18 Jeanne Damas On: Life in the City of Light
- Travel 9.17.18 Happy Times: Actress Nazha on Travel Tips & NYC
- Travel 8.28.18 Happy Times: Fashion Exec Brooke Cundiff’s Postcard from Majorca
- Culture 7.26.18 Book Issue: To Visit, The Ernest Hemingway Home in Key West
- Travel 7.25.18 Book Issue: Publisher Martine Assouline’s Summer Vacation Guide