The hand-painted installation, titled Lettuce Entertain You, features a nearly five-foot-tall sculpture in the shape of a massive canapé and six smaller versions; all incorporate plates from the lettuce ware collection into the design. So how exactly did Wood come up with the fantastical idea to do oversized canapés with a starter inspiration point in Tory Burch and Dodie Thayer? Read our interview with the artist here.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.12.18 To Visit: Miró Exhibit, Grand Palais
- Culture 12.6.18 To Read: The Wes Anderson Collection
- Culture 11.26.18 To Visit: Andy Warhol at The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling