We asked Tory about her thoughts on internships and starting out, as well as some of the wisest words she heard along the way.
“The one thing that every entrepreneurial journey has in common is that there are many, many steps on the road to success. If you view each one as an opportunity to learn something, there is always something you will take away from that experience. In my past jobs and internships, I have done everything from getting coffee to running interference for shy designers. And I have absorbed the advice of smart people. My parents told me to think of negativity as noise, while a good friend once said to ‘Never shy away from the word ambition.'” — Tory
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 6.23.17 Meet the Artist: Jocelyn Hobbie
- Culture 6.21.17 What’s Your Sign? Cancer
- Culture 6.20.17 To Do: Walasse Ting at Hong Kong’s Alisan Fine Arts
- Culture 6.15.17 Entrepreneurs: Iksel Decorative Arts’ Mehmet & Dimonah Iksel
- Culture 6.13.17 Lauren Bush Lauren On: New York’s FEED Shop & Café