Why do women wear what they wear? That’s the question a trio of writers — Leanne Shapton, Heidi Julavits and Sheila Heti — have set out to explore in their upcoming book, Women in Clothes. Here, we turn the lens on Leanne, who’s also an illustrator and Co-Founder of J&L Books, for a quick hit of literary Q’s.
Book that changed my life…
Emily of New Moon by Lucy Maud Montgomery
And if I were stranded on a deserted island…
I’d want the dictionary with me. And a blank notebook.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: The Fabric of India at the Victoria & Albert Museum Tue, Oct 6, 2015
- Culture To Read: Eric Morse’s What Is Punk? Sun, Oct 4, 2015
- Culture Author Gayle Tzemach Lemmon On: Resilience, TED Talks & Living in the “And” Sun, Oct 4, 2015
- Culture To Watch: Meet the Patels Fri, Oct 2, 2015
- Culture Director Nancy Meyers On: The Intern Tue, Sep 29, 2015