Why do women wear what they wear? That’s the question a trio of writers — Leanne Shapton, Heidi Julavits and Sheila Heti — have set out to explore in their upcoming book, Women in Clothes. Here, we turn the lens on Leanne, who’s also an illustrator and Co-Founder of J&L Books, for a quick hit of literary Q’s.
Book that changed my life…
Emily of New Moon by Lucy Maud Montgomery
And if I were stranded on a deserted island…
I’d want the dictionary with me. And a blank notebook.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 7.6.17 To Do: Kitty Chou at Hong Kong’s Ben Brown Fine Arts
- Culture 7.2.17 To Do: Ed Ruscha’s Nine Swimming Pools & A Broken Glass at L.A.’s Kopeikin Gallery
- Culture 6.26.17 Exhibits We Love: Magnum Photos’ 70th Anniversary
- Culture 6.24.17 Beach Bohemia: Best Summer Beach Reads
- Culture 6.23.17 Meet the Artist: Jocelyn Hobbie