Why do women wear what they wear? That’s the question a trio of writers — Leanne Shapton, Heidi Julavits and Sheila Heti — have set out to explore in their upcoming book, Women in Clothes. Here, we turn the lens on Leanne, who’s also an illustrator and Co-Founder of J&L Books, for a quick hit of literary Q’s.
Book that changed my life…
Emily of New Moon by Lucy Maud Montgomery
And if I were stranded on a deserted island…
I’d want the dictionary with me. And a blank notebook.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Cornwall’s Port Eliot Festival Wed, Jul 29, 2015
- Culture To Do: Lil Buck at Lincoln Center Plaza Sat, Jul 25, 2015
- Culture To Do: Alex Israel at Paris’ Almine Rech Fri, Jul 24, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Leo Thu, Jul 23, 2015
- Culture To Do: Contemporary Art Masters at Marian Goodman Wed, Jul 22, 2015