Our idea of East Coast prep meets West Coast surf. It’s a little bit of prep on overdrive and relaxed beach vibes. And a lot of color and volume play.
How do those ideas break down in the collection?
East Coast brings in these prep standards that we tweaked — pearls embellishments (instead of the classic pearl necklace), cable knit sweaters and cardigans and a ton of nautical details.
What are your favorite nautical looks?
Spring and summer are the perfect time to tap into a sailor motif — and it’s one that works year round… fisherman sweaters, stripes, et al. We did recurring graphic rope prints against bright regatta stripes as well as macrame belts and pearl details that make you think of Nantucket summers.
Do you have a favorite print?
We did a blueprint of a sailing boat that we turned into one of Spring’s biggest prints. We used it on a cotton voile bow blouse, which I’m wearing here, and linen burlap pants. I like wearing it with flattering sailor pants, and it works with jeans and pencil skirts, too.
More to explore in Style
- Style 12.5.19 Chicken v. Baby Yoda: Who Wore It Best?
- Style 11.25.19 ‘Tis the Season to Get Your Cozy Sweater On
- Style 11.21.19 This Fashion Editor-Turned-Podcaster has Travel Top of Mind for the New Year
- Style 11.17.19 Just One Thing: Embrace Ambition Bracelets
- Style 11.17.19 Instagram-Approved Looks for the Holiday Season