What’s Mother’s Day without breakfast in bed for the lady of the day? Here, a glimpse at the menu at Tory’s house — plus the recipe for those morning muffins, courtesy of Chef Adam Ben’Ous.
Multigrain Muffins with Blueberries
1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c unprocessed natural bran
1 1/2 c oats
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp of cardamon
1/2 c dry blueberries
1/2 c dark chocolate
1/2 c golden raisins
3 egg whites
1/2 c buttermilk
1/2 c water
2 small ripe bananas, mashed (1 c)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 400°. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray. Mix all dry ingredients, including blueberries, chocolate and raisins. Blend egg whites, buttermilk, water, mashed bananas and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and stir. Fill each muffin tin halfway. Bake for 15 mins. Let cool.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining 12.9.19 Entertaining with an Entrepreneurial Twist
- Entertaining 12.2.19 How-Tos: Seven Tips for Creating the Ultimate Holiday Tablescape
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Tory On: Thanksgiving Preparations
- Entertaining 11.27.19 Are Flowers The New Zodiac Signs?
- Entertaining 11.26.19 A Tory Burch Thanksgiving in Milan