Ann, then a PE teacher, was a favorite going into the 400 a few days earlier, but nabbed the silver. Disheartened, she planned to skip the 800 in favor of some retail therapy. But when her fiancé, Robbie Brightwell, placed fourth in his own races, she felt motivated to compete…and win.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub