It’s Day 1 of the Tribeca Film Festival in New York. We asked Jane Rosenthal — who co-founded TFF in 2002 with Robert DeNiro, her Tribeca Productions partner, and husband Craig Hatkoff — about the spirit of the festival, her motivation and where film-goers really meet after hours.
My guiding principle when putting the festival together…
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Ghandi
Favorite TFF memory…
Nelson Mandela on the steps of City Hall at TFF’s opening.
Favorite TriBeCa restaurant…
Locanda Verde. I always order the sides — broccoli, squash, potatoes….
A neighborhood/festival secret only a local would know…
My personal favorite movie of all time…
Mary Poppins. The original Superwoman – she did it all, magically, with a spoon full of sugar.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub