Lucy Danziger, Editor-in-Chief of Self, recently penned The Drop 10 Diet, reinforcing the idea of everything in moderation…including chocolate. She and Dylan Lauren, CEO and Founder of Dylan’s Candy Bar (above, left with Danziger) hosted a party to celebrate. We asked them about the merits of chocolate and more.
Favorite recipe from the book…
Lucy: Blueberry salmon dinner
Dylan: Chocolate dessert
Is chocolate really that good for you?
Lucy: You should eat it. Dark and in small amounts. It’s good for you and squelches cravings.
Dylan: In small doses it’s great for magnesium, antioxidants and energy.
My favorite restaurant is…
Lucy: The Standard. I love: the parmesan cheese and radish on the table; their Lift Ticket cocktail; the salmon; the brussel sprouts; the millionaire’s chicken for two (my daughter and I usually split it), and the Deal Closer dessert, which is chocolate mousse (though not dark chocolate it’s worth the “happy calories.”)
Dylan: EJ’s Luncheonette. I order their egg white omelet with spinach, broccoli and American cheese. And a house salad.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.3.19 Dine like Igor Stravinsky
- Culture 11.22.19 Your Year-End Horoscope is Here!
- Culture 11.19.19 Tory On: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Culture 11.17.19 Why it’s So Hard to Get a Seat at Tokyo Chef Natsuko Shoji’s Table
- Culture 11.14.19 Get to Know the Woman Behind Sydney’s Buzziest Contemporary Arts Hub