A century ago, Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees as a sign of friendship. Today, those trees are a must-see for visitors to Washington D.C. during the National Cherry Blossom Festival (through the end of April) when they are in all their pink blooming glory.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 4.17.18 What’s Your Sign? Taurus
- Culture 4.9.18 Getaway Issue: To Do, Antonio Lopez at Danziger Gallery
- Culture 3.28.18 What’s Your Sign? Aries
- Culture 3.28.18 Spring 2018: To Read, An Atlas of Rare & Familiar Colour
- Culture 3.22.18 #EmbraceAmbition: Jazmin Grace Grimaldi & Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles