The interior design great — who decorated New York’s Mark Hotel,
where we filmed our Sunglass Style, Entrance to Exit video — shares his favorites.
When I visit The Mark, I love to stay in…
Suites 902 or 1002 or 1102 — or 1202. I feel at home; I love the proportions and comfort.
Designers who inspire me are…
Dead. (Jean-Michel Frank, Emilio Terry and Charles de Noailles.)
My favorite kinds of rooms to stay in are…
Those that are comfortable, with space and sweet colors.
Pale gray-blue, the color of Paris’ sky.
Favorite color combination…
Gray-blue and green — the sky and the trees.
First piece of art I ever bought…
An Art Deco piece of ceramic that’s still with me, at my farm in Provence. I always love more and more ceramics.
More to explore in Entertaining
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Spring 2015 After-Show Lunch Tue, Sep 9, 2014
- Entertaining NYFW: Meredith Melling & Valerie Boster’s Best Bars & Parties Sat, Sep 6, 2014
- Entertaining NYFW Spotlight On: Even Bloggers Eat Fri, Sep 5, 2014
- Entertaining Tory Entertains: Tory’s Table Thu, Aug 28, 2014
- Entertaining Mentorship: Momofuku’s Sue Chan Mon, Aug 25, 2014