Alex Katz’s new exhibit in Paris opens today at Galerie Thaddaeus Ropac’s outpost in Pantin, in the city’s northeast quarters. It’s a deep dive into his oeuvre in portraiture, with some hundred works dating back 45 years — from his outsize paintings to his aluminum cutouts, iconic works to the lesser-known sketches. For those in the midst (and madness) of Paris Fashion Week, the exhibit offers the perfect cultural escape. Not in the City of Light? You can still soak in the Brooklyn artist’s intense colors and deceptively reductive style; he currently has a show at Mattatuck Museum in Connecticut and another opening at London’s Timothy Taylor Gallery in three weeks.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Expert Guide: Recruiter Kristy Hurt on the Job Search Mon, Mar 30, 2015
- Culture To Read: Veronica Kavass’ Artists in Love Sun, Mar 29, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Aries Fri, Mar 27, 2015
- Culture Spotlight On: Spring Beach Reads Sun, Mar 22, 2015
- Culture To Read: Thomas Campbell’s Seeing Fatima’s Eyes Thu, Mar 19, 2015