It’s a big day around here. In collaboration with Bank of America, the Tory Burch Foundation announced a new initiative: Elizabeth Street Capital, which provides early-stage women entrepreneurs with access to low-cost loans, mentoring and networking opportunities. It’s kicking off in six cities — Boston, Charlotte, Las Vegas, New York, Philadelphia and San Francisco — and will expand to others in the next two years. The goal: to help women build and grow their businesses, creating strong communities of women entrepreneurs along the way. We can make a difference. As for the name, it’s a fitting reference to the location of Tory’s very first boutique — the launching pad for our whole company today.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Garry Winogrand at The Met Mon, Jul 7, 2014
- Culture Meet the Artist: Gray Malin Wed, Jul 2, 2014
- Culture Book Tastemaker: Rodrigo Corral’s Design Talk Tue, Jul 1, 2014
- Culture Book of the Week: 40 Greatest Parties in Fiction Tue, Jul 1, 2014
- Culture Book Tastemaker: Jesmyn Ward’s Writerly Advice Mon, Jun 30, 2014