Meet an L.A. institution — and the location for our Resort 2014 lookbook shoot.
In a town where the most wanted stars and hardest-to-get tables shift from week to week, there has long been one steadfast epicenter of cool: the Chateau Marmont. Nestled high in the West Hollywood hills along L.A.’s famed Sunset Boulevard, it’s hotel to some, home to a few (Greta Garbo, Howard Hughes and Humphrey Bogart have been among the residents), clubhouse to others. There’s an eclectic mix of fashion folk, celebrities, artists and musicians who gather there on any given night — no doubt attracted, in part, by the lore of the place. It’s where James Dean and Natalie Wood first met for a Rebel Without a Cause script rehearsal, F. Scott Fitzgerald hung his writer’s hat and Jim Morrison swung on a drain pipe — in an effort to reach the window of his hotel room from the roof. It’s no wonder the hotel has a strict no-photos policy. Fortunately, an exception was made for our Resort 2014 lookbook shoot. So, even if a fireside cocktail at the bar isn’t in your future, you can catch a glimpse of the action here….
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Wimbledon Flashback (McEnroe vs. Borg!) Wed, Jul 1, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Author Kevin Kwan on China Rich Girlfriend Tue, Jun 30, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Actor & Comedian Aziz Ansari on Texts & Love Mon, Jun 29, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Painter Natasha Law on Books to Inspire a Young Artist Sun, Jun 28, 2015
- Culture Book Issue: Meet the New Authors on the Scene Sat, Jun 27, 2015