Meet an L.A. institution — and the location for our Resort 2014 lookbook shoot.
In a town where the most wanted stars and hardest-to-get tables shift from week to week, there has long been one steadfast epicenter of cool: the Chateau Marmont. Nestled high in the West Hollywood hills along L.A.’s famed Sunset Boulevard, it’s hotel to some, home to a few (Greta Garbo, Howard Hughes and Humphrey Bogart have been among the residents), clubhouse to others. There’s an eclectic mix of fashion folk, celebrities, artists and musicians who gather there on any given night — no doubt attracted, in part, by the lore of the place. It’s where James Dean and Natalie Wood first met for a Rebel Without a Cause script rehearsal, F. Scott Fitzgerald hung his writer’s hat and Jim Morrison swung on a drain pipe — in an effort to reach the window of his hotel room from the roof. It’s no wonder the hotel has a strict no-photos policy. Fortunately, an exception was made for our Resort 2014 lookbook shoot. So, even if a fireside cocktail at the bar isn’t in your future, you can catch a glimpse of the action here….
More to explore in Culture
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: The Great Beauty Fri, Feb 28, 2014