In the midst of touring for her new album, Places, the singer, actress and muse
chatted with us about her go-to playlist and favorite places.
Bobbie Gentry, Tim Buckley, Leonard Cohen and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
My favorite places…
Everywhere, especially in my own mind.
As basic as possible.
My off-stage style is…
As mad as possible.
Best style advice I’ve ever received…
Just have fun — which Little Edie from Grey Gardens never told me.
More to explore in Music
- Music 11.4.17 Entrepreneur Issue: Strong & Stronger Playlist
- Music 10.14.17 Meet the Band: Miss Velvet & the Blue Wolf
- Music 10.6.17 Tory’s Playlist: Did Someone Say Cocktails?
- Music 8.31.17 Music Issue: To Read, What Is Hip-Hop?
- Music 8.30.17 Music Issue: Singer-Songwriter Mafalda’s Guide to New York City