In the midst of touring for her new album, Places, the singer, actress and muse
chatted with us about her go-to playlist and favorite places.
Bobbie Gentry, Tim Buckley, Leonard Cohen and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
My favorite places…
Everywhere, especially in my own mind.
As basic as possible.
My off-stage style is…
As mad as possible.
Best style advice I’ve ever received…
Just have fun — which Little Edie from Grey Gardens never told me.
More to explore in Music
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Austin City Limits 2014 Sat, Sep 27, 2014
- Music To Do: Sonic at Fondation Pierre Bergé-Yves Saint Laurent Wed, Sep 24, 2014
- Culture To Read: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014
- Fashion Week Tory’s Playlist: Spring 2015 Tue, Sep 9, 2014
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Labor Day Lunch Thu, Aug 28, 2014