In the midst of touring for her new album, Places, the singer, actress and muse
chatted with us about her go-to playlist and favorite places.
Bobbie Gentry, Tim Buckley, Leonard Cohen and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
My favorite places…
Everywhere, especially in my own mind.
As basic as possible.
My off-stage style is…
As mad as possible.
Best style advice I’ve ever received…
Just have fun — which Little Edie from Grey Gardens never told me.
More to explore in Music
- Music China Issue: Tory’s Shanghai Party, The Music Wed, Oct 19, 2016
- Music Tory’s Playlist: The Gemini Link Tue, Sep 20, 2016
- Music Spring/Summer 2017: Spotlight on Chloe x Halle Thu, Sep 15, 2016
- Music Spring/Summer 2017: Runway Playlist Tue, Sep 13, 2016
- Music Fall 2016: Tory’s Playlist Thu, Sep 1, 2016