In the midst of touring for her new album, Places, the singer, actress and muse
chatted with us about her go-to playlist and favorite places.
Bobbie Gentry, Tim Buckley, Leonard Cohen and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
My favorite places…
Everywhere, especially in my own mind.
As basic as possible.
My off-stage style is…
As mad as possible.
Best style advice I’ve ever received…
Just have fun — which Little Edie from Grey Gardens never told me.
More to explore in Music
- Music 8.31.17 Music Issue: To Read, What Is Hip-Hop?
- Music 8.30.17 Music Issue: Singer-Songwriter Mafalda’s Guide to New York City
- Music 8.30.17 Music Issue: In the Words of Debbie Harry
- Music 8.29.17 Music Issue Day in the Life: Universal Music Publishing Group’s Jody Gerson
- Culture 8.28.17 Music Issue: Spotlight on 50 Years of Rolling Stone