In the midst of touring for her new album, Places, the singer, actress and muse
chatted with us about her go-to playlist and favorite places.
Bobbie Gentry, Tim Buckley, Leonard Cohen and Siouxsie and the Banshees.
My favorite places…
Everywhere, especially in my own mind.
As basic as possible.
My off-stage style is…
As mad as possible.
Best style advice I’ve ever received…
Just have fun — which Little Edie from Grey Gardens never told me.
More to explore in Music
- Culture To Do: Lil Buck at Lincoln Center Plaza Sat, Jul 25, 2015
- Music Paris Issue: Party Playlist Wed, Jul 8, 2015
- Music Paris Issue: To See, Jean Nouvel’s Philharmonie de Paris Tue, Jul 7, 2015
- Music Book Issue: Music Supervisor Randall Poster on his Favorite Music Books Fri, Jun 26, 2015
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Pre-Fall 2015 Mon, Jun 22, 2015