Chris Johanson is having a moment. The California artist, who thrived in the skateboarding and punk rock scenes, has a major solo show going on at The Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, in which he melds expressionist strokes with a meditative spirit. He recently hosted the Quiet Music Festival of Portland (which he founded in 2011), and is in the midst of curating another show in L.A. this fall celebrating the creative process. And have we mentioned the fountain? He’s designing one for New York’s Standard hotel in collaboration with artist (and wife) Johanna Jackson.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To See: Alexander Calder at Christie’s & Tory Burch Madison Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture Jill Brooke On: The Need to Say No Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture In Memoriam: Gabriel García Márquez Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture Katty Kay On: The Confidence Code Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Tribeca Film Festival Tue, Apr 15, 2014