Next Thursday, on the sacred stage of Carnegie Hall, over 20 artists will gather to pay homage to the man from Minnesota who became the Prince of pop. For a change, Prince will sit back and take it in as the likes of Elvis Costello, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Blind Boys of Alabama and more cover his 35-plus year career. The event is part of Michael Dorf’s Tribute Series, where money raised benefits music programs for underprivileged students and not-for-profit schools in the New York City area. Tickets are still available here. Sounds like the kind of night to pull out your fuchsia suit and snowy-white cravat.
More to explore in Music
- Music To Do: Debbie Harry at Café Carlyle Tue, Mar 24, 2015
- Music Music Supervisor Randall Poster On: Five Shows You Can’t Miss at SXSW Mon, Mar 16, 2015
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Spring 2015 Thu, Feb 26, 2015
- Music Music Supervisor Randall Poster on: Oscar-Winning Soundtracks Sun, Feb 22, 2015
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Fall 2015 Runway Tue, Feb 17, 2015