Next Thursday, on the sacred stage of Carnegie Hall, over 20 artists will gather to pay homage to the man from Minnesota who became the Prince of pop. For a change, Prince will sit back and take it in as the likes of Elvis Costello, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Blind Boys of Alabama and more cover his 35-plus year career. The event is part of Michael Dorf’s Tribute Series, where money raised benefits music programs for underprivileged students and not-for-profit schools in the New York City area. Tickets are still available here. Sounds like the kind of night to pull out your fuchsia suit and snowy-white cravat.
More to explore in Music
- Music Time Issue: Time Is On Our Side Playlist Sat, Oct 4, 2014
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Austin City Limits 2014 Sat, Sep 27, 2014
- Music To Do: Sonic at Fondation Pierre Bergé-Yves Saint Laurent Wed, Sep 24, 2014
- Culture To Read: Keith Richards’ Gus & Me Wed, Sep 17, 2014
- Music Tory’s Playlist: Labor Day Lunch Thu, Aug 28, 2014