Next Thursday, on the sacred stage of Carnegie Hall, over 20 artists will gather to pay homage to the man from Minnesota who became the Prince of pop. For a change, Prince will sit back and take it in as the likes of Elvis Costello, The Roots, Talib Kweli, Blind Boys of Alabama and more cover his 35-plus year career. The event is part of Michael Dorf’s Tribute Series, where money raised benefits music programs for underprivileged students and not-for-profit schools in the New York City area. Tickets are still available here. Sounds like the kind of night to pull out your fuchsia suit and snowy-white cravat.
More to explore in Music
- Music To Watch: Jenny Lewis’ Just One of the Guys Wed, Jul 30, 2014
- Music Lisa Robinson On: My Life in Rock & Roll Tue, Jul 29, 2014
- Music Spotlight On: Lee Ann Womack Tue, Jul 29, 2014
- Music Music Tastemaker: Holly Williams on Nashville & Stage Style Mon, Jul 28, 2014
- Music Word of Mouth: 2014, The Year of Music Anniversaries Mon, Jul 28, 2014