The artist’s been on the surfing scene since the Sixties — and has been recording his experiences, collage-style, in journals throughout. Get the prints at New York’s Clic Gallery and read his description of the above work, from the Eighties and dubbed “Teddy,” here.
“I was in Montauk for a spring snowstorm. On the left is the Andy Warhol invite to Teddy Kennedy’s fundraiser. The Polaroid is of decorator Sam Slomon and writer and surfer Allan Weisbecker. Eric Eastman’s pic of him sanding the rail of a surfboard is at the bottom. Things were hot and heavy in Iran with the Shah….” — Tony
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Sotheby’s Bunny Mellon Auction Tue, Nov 18, 2014
- Culture Meet the Artist: Carmen Almon Sun, Nov 16, 2014
- Culture Meet the Photographer: Hollywood’s Jeff Vespa Fri, Nov 14, 2014
- Culture Expert Guide: @Paridust Pari Ehsan’s Instagram Tips Thu, Nov 13, 2014
- Culture Cathy Horyn On: Illustrator Joe Eula Wed, Nov 12, 2014