The artist’s been on the surfing scene since the Sixties — and has been recording his experiences, collage-style, in journals throughout. Get the prints at New York’s Clic Gallery and read his description of the above work, from the Eighties and dubbed “Teddy,” here.
“I was in Montauk for a spring snowstorm. On the left is the Andy Warhol invite to Teddy Kennedy’s fundraiser. The Polaroid is of decorator Sam Slomon and writer and surfer Allan Weisbecker. Eric Eastman’s pic of him sanding the rail of a surfboard is at the bottom. Things were hot and heavy in Iran with the Shah….” — Tony
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To See: Alexander Calder at Christie’s & Tory Burch Madison Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture Jill Brooke On: The Need to Say No Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture In Memoriam: Gabriel García Márquez Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture Katty Kay On: The Confidence Code Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Tribeca Film Festival Tue, Apr 15, 2014