The artist’s been on the surfing scene since the Sixties — and has been recording his experiences, collage-style, in journals throughout. Get the prints at New York’s Clic Gallery and read his description of the above work, from the Eighties and dubbed “Teddy,” here.
“I was in Montauk for a spring snowstorm. On the left is the Andy Warhol invite to Teddy Kennedy’s fundraiser. The Polaroid is of decorator Sam Slomon and writer and surfer Allan Weisbecker. Eric Eastman’s pic of him sanding the rail of a surfboard is at the bottom. Things were hot and heavy in Iran with the Shah….” — Tony
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Paddle8’s Alexander Gilkes On: The Art of Art Collecting Tue, Sep 30, 2014
- Culture Elle UK Editor Sophie Beresiner On: Having Breast Cancer Mon, Sep 29, 2014
- Culture To Do: Cy Twombly at Morgan Library Fri, Sep 26, 2014
- Culture To Read: Linda Rottenberg’s Crazy is a Compliment Sun, Sep 21, 2014
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Libra Sat, Sep 20, 2014