The artist’s been on the surfing scene since the Sixties — and has been recording his experiences, collage-style, in journals throughout. Get the prints at New York’s Clic Gallery and read his description of the above work, from the Eighties and dubbed “Teddy,” here.
“I was in Montauk for a spring snowstorm. On the left is the Andy Warhol invite to Teddy Kennedy’s fundraiser. The Polaroid is of decorator Sam Slomon and writer and surfer Allan Weisbecker. Eric Eastman’s pic of him sanding the rail of a surfboard is at the bottom. Things were hot and heavy in Iran with the Shah….” — Tony
More to explore in Culture
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: The Great Beauty Fri, Feb 28, 2014