The artist’s been on the surfing scene since the Sixties — and has been recording his experiences, collage-style, in journals throughout. Get the prints at New York’s Clic Gallery and read his description of the above work, from the Eighties and dubbed “Teddy,” here.
“I was in Montauk for a spring snowstorm. On the left is the Andy Warhol invite to Teddy Kennedy’s fundraiser. The Polaroid is of decorator Sam Slomon and writer and surfer Allan Weisbecker. Eric Eastman’s pic of him sanding the rail of a surfboard is at the bottom. Things were hot and heavy in Iran with the Shah….” — Tony
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: A Generation Born Free Mon, Nov 25, 2013
- Culture Meet the Artist: Hanuk Mon, Nov 25, 2013
- Culture To Do: JAR at the Met Sun, Nov 24, 2013
- Culture Spotlight On: David Maupin & Edible Schoolyard Thu, Nov 21, 2013