- Sally Singer and kids
- Nino Mier
- Frankie Rayder
Everyone knows all about the Chateau Marmont, even if you’ve never stepped foot inside this storied hotel on Sunset Boulevard. It’s where James Dean auditioned with Natalie Wood for Rebel Without a Cause. And where Jim Morrison once leapt off a fourth-floor balcony. And where Lindsay Lohan was, well, infamously Lindsay Lohan.
But you’ve never seen Jork Weismann’s side of it. In his recent book Asleep at the Chateau, the photographer showcases the hotel’s quieter moments with arresting shot after shot of celebrities asleep at the Chateau — including Patti Smith, Bret Easton Ellis, Johnny Hallyday and Frankie Rayder, in various states of slumber and, sometimes, undress.
More to explore in Culture
- Beauty 2.2.17 Love Relentlessly: Meet the Artist, Meghann Stephenson
- Culture 1.27.17 Lunar New Year: Thierry Chow’s Feng Shui Tips to Maximize Good Fortune
- Culture 1.26.17 Lunar New Year: Astrologer Susie Cox on the Year of the Fire Rooster
- Culture 1.24.17 Tory On: The Lunar New Year
- Culture 1.23.17 To Do: William J. O’Brien at Marianne Boesky