- Along Copacabana’s promenade, with a view of the mountains and Ipanema and Leblon beaches in the back.
- An hours-long hike in Alto da Boa Vista, through the rainforest.
- Tory and the team were invited to lunch at the home of the Magalhães Lins family in Alto da Boa Vista.
- Ana Cecilia Nabuco Magalhães Lins Lacerda’s table epitomize’s Rio’s mix of Old World and modern:
Eero Saarinen chairs, bamboo silverware, textured crystal glasses and an heirloom hand-embroidered tablecloth.
- It’s summer in Brazil now, but as sunny as the day looks, the water up in the mountains is freezing.
- A cheerful vantage from Copacabana beach.
- Christ the Redeemer watches over the city and all the Cariocas from his perch atop Mount Corcovado. He can be seen from any point in Rio.
- The beach is the real Rio: volleyball and surfing; street food; a cross-section of Cariocas who stroll with the
catwalk-confidence of Gisele Bündchen; views of city, rainforest and ocean; strains of bossa nova.
Just a few snapshots from a whirlwind weekend in Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro is a divine study in contrasts, growth and optimism — as Tory discovered on a recent trip. From the excited planning for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics (sports, especially soccer, are a religion there) to the white sand of Copacabana and all those girls from Ipanema to the deep green rainforest-covered mountains that hug the city, Rio is a city full of energy, ideas and, yes, some uber-stylish people.
More to explore in Style
- Style NYFW Spotlight: Our Favorite Fashion Week Instagrams Fri, Feb 12, 2016
- Style NYFW Style Spotlight: Allure Magazine’s Rachael Wang Fri, Feb 12, 2016
- Style NYFW: Tory Burch Street Style Through the Years Thu, Feb 11, 2016
- Style NYFW Survival Guide: System Magazine’s Elizabeth Von Guttman Tue, Feb 9, 2016
- Style Spotlight On: The Gemini Link Wed, Feb 3, 2016