Slim Aarons turns his lens on the Italian jet set.
Want a glimpse of what “living the good life” really looks like? Then check out Slim Aarons’ new book La Dolce Vita, which captures the glamorous lives of the Beautiful People in Italy — six decades worth. Shot everywhere from Porto Ercole’s famed Il Pellicano Hotel to the snowy mountains of Cortina d’Ampezzo, his images inspire us to add a bit of bohemian glamour and Old-School chic into our lives. Needless to say, some of our favorite motifs — bold ethnic jewelry, nautical stripes, Sixties and Seventies silhouettes — feature heavily here. It’s the leisure life, Italian style.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Voltz Clarke Gallery’s Blair Clarke Fri, Oct 9, 2015
- Culture To Do: Shooting For Stardust at Taschen Gallery Thu, Oct 8, 2015
- Culture To Do: The Fabric of India at the Victoria & Albert Museum Tue, Oct 6, 2015
- Culture To Read: Eric Morse’s What Is Punk? Sun, Oct 4, 2015
- Culture Author Gayle Tzemach Lemmon On: Resilience, TED Talks & Living in the “And” Sun, Oct 4, 2015