A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
But across 50 years, it does gather a lot of fantastic film footage.
For the next few weeks, the Museum of Modern Art will be playing The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film. Buy a ticket on multiple nights — every show will be different. One night will be Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main Street as well as early appearances on The T.A.M.I Show in 1964. The roster of filmmakers the band has worked with is staggering: Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese and the Maysles, to name a few.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Read: What I Love About Movies Mon, Feb 23, 2015
- Culture Happy Lunar New Year! Thu, Feb 19, 2015
- Culture To Do: Larry David’s Fish In the Dark Fri, Feb 6, 2015
- Culture To Do: Vik Muniz at Ben Brown Fine Arts in Hong Kong Mon, Feb 2, 2015
- Culture To Read: Nick Hornby’s Funny Girl Sat, Jan 31, 2015