A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
But across 50 years, it does gather a lot of fantastic film footage.
For the next few weeks, the Museum of Modern Art will be playing The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film. Buy a ticket on multiple nights — every show will be different. One night will be Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main Street as well as early appearances on The T.A.M.I Show in 1964. The roster of filmmakers the band has worked with is staggering: Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese and the Maysles, to name a few.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To Do: Matisse & the Book Arts at The Morgan Tue, Nov 24, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Sagittarius Mon, Nov 23, 2015
- Culture To Read: Brigid Berlin Polaroids Sun, Nov 22, 2015
- Culture Author Juman Malouf On: The Trilogy of Two Sat, Nov 21, 2015
- Culture To Do: Paige Powell at the Portland Art Museum Sat, Nov 21, 2015