A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
But across 50 years, it does gather a lot of fantastic film footage.
For the next few weeks, the Museum of Modern Art will be playing The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film. Buy a ticket on multiple nights — every show will be different. One night will be Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main Street as well as early appearances on The T.A.M.I Show in 1964. The roster of filmmakers the band has worked with is staggering: Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese and the Maysles, to name a few.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: TBF & Women Rule Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Culture Tastemakers: The de Purys on Art Basel & Gifts for the Art Lover Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Quote of the Day: Nelson Mandela Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: A Generation Born Free Mon, Nov 25, 2013