A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
But across 50 years, it does gather a lot of fantastic film footage.
For the next few weeks, the Museum of Modern Art will be playing The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film. Buy a ticket on multiple nights — every show will be different. One night will be Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main Street as well as early appearances on The T.A.M.I Show in 1964. The roster of filmmakers the band has worked with is staggering: Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese and the Maysles, to name a few.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: #ElephantYogaChallenge Wed, Aug 17, 2016
- Culture Spotlight On: Actress & Photographer Jiang Yiyan Wed, Aug 17, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: To Read, The Intelligent Conversationalist Sun, Aug 14, 2016
- Culture Entertaining Issue: Summer Dinner Party Playlist Thu, Aug 11, 2016
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Leo Sun, Jul 31, 2016