A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
But across 50 years, it does gather a lot of fantastic film footage.
For the next few weeks, the Museum of Modern Art will be playing The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film. Buy a ticket on multiple nights — every show will be different. One night will be Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main Street as well as early appearances on The T.A.M.I Show in 1964. The roster of filmmakers the band has worked with is staggering: Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese and the Maysles, to name a few.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Spotlight On: Sotheby’s Bunny Mellon Auction Tue, Nov 18, 2014
- Culture Meet the Artist: Carmen Almon Sun, Nov 16, 2014
- Culture Meet the Photographer: Hollywood’s Jeff Vespa Fri, Nov 14, 2014
- Culture Expert Guide: @Paridust Pari Ehsan’s Instagram Tips Thu, Nov 13, 2014
- Culture Cathy Horyn On: Illustrator Joe Eula Wed, Nov 12, 2014