A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
But across 50 years, it does gather a lot of fantastic film footage.
For the next few weeks, the Museum of Modern Art will be playing The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film. Buy a ticket on multiple nights — every show will be different. One night will be Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main Street as well as early appearances on The T.A.M.I Show in 1964. The roster of filmmakers the band has worked with is staggering: Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese and the Maysles, to name a few.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Mother’s Day Entrepreneurs: Baby2Baby’s Kelly Sawyer Patricof & Norah Weinstein Sun, May 3, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Photographer & DJ Brooke Williams on Raising a Future Jedi Master Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Editors’ Wish List, The Book Edition Sat, May 2, 2015
- Culture Mother’s Day: Tastemakers on Mom’s Best Advice Fri, May 1, 2015
- Culture Did You Know? The New Whitney Museum Thu, Apr 30, 2015