A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
But across 50 years, it does gather a lot of fantastic film footage.
For the next few weeks, the Museum of Modern Art will be playing The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film. Buy a ticket on multiple nights — every show will be different. One night will be Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main Street as well as early appearances on The T.A.M.I Show in 1964. The roster of filmmakers the band has worked with is staggering: Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese and the Maysles, to name a few.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Model Liu Wen On: Lunar New Year Traditions Sun, Feb 7, 2016
- Culture Meet the Artist: Ryan Sarah Murphy Thu, Feb 4, 2016
- Culture To Do: Robert Dallet at the Bruce Museum Tue, Feb 2, 2016
- Culture Tory Daily’s HOT! List: February 2016 Mon, Feb 1, 2016
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Aquarius Mon, Feb 1, 2016