A Rolling Stone gathers no moss.
But across 50 years, it does gather a lot of fantastic film footage.
For the next few weeks, the Museum of Modern Art will be playing The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film. Buy a ticket on multiple nights — every show will be different. One night will be Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main Street as well as early appearances on The T.A.M.I Show in 1964. The roster of filmmakers the band has worked with is staggering: Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese and the Maysles, to name a few.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Expert Guide: Recruiter Kristy Hurt on the Job Search Mon, Mar 30, 2015
- Culture To Read: Veronica Kavass’ Artists in Love Sun, Mar 29, 2015
- Culture What’s Your Sign? Aries Fri, Mar 27, 2015
- Culture Spotlight On: Spring Beach Reads Sun, Mar 22, 2015
- Culture To Read: Thomas Campbell’s Seeing Fatima’s Eyes Thu, Mar 19, 2015