Photo-philes, you’re going to love this. To celebrate its 60th anniversary, nonprofit publisher and photo organization Aperture Foundation is holding a major auction Tuesday evening at Gotham Hall in New York, from 6-9:30 PM. There are 60 lots in all, everything from Chuck Close’s famous portrait of Kate Moss to a breathtaking shot of Grace Kelly by Elliott Erwitt. Also going under the gavel: works by Robert Mapplethorpe, Diane Arbus, Sally Mann, Paul Strand, Dawoud Bey and Aperture co-founders Ansel Adams and Dorothea Lange. Not in town? No problem; absentee bidding is available.
More to explore in Culture
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014
- Culture Word of Mouth: The Great Beauty Fri, Feb 28, 2014