Just as Bob Dylan had Blonde on Blonde, we can apply that theory to some of our favorite style pairings: Color on color. Print on print. Texture on texture. It all works. Here, we took a traditional fabric (tweed) and multiplied it by itself. Layering on texture feels especially right for fall. The only trick is to keep the colors similar so they don’t compete — and you’ve mastered the mix. Get this look, or shop all tweed.
More to explore in Style
- Style London Issue: Double Take, New York’s Amanda Ross & London’s Alison Ross Green Sat, Dec 3, 2016
- Style Preview: Pre-Fall 2017 Thu, Dec 1, 2016
- Style Most Wanted: Purple Purse x Kerry Washington Tue, Nov 29, 2016
- Style Looking Great: Models Emma Pei & Tian Yi Mon, Nov 28, 2016
- Style Entertaining Issue: Editors’ Style Tip, Party Dressing Wed, Nov 23, 2016