Just as Bob Dylan had Blonde on Blonde, we can apply that theory to some of our favorite style pairings: Color on color. Print on print. Texture on texture. It all works. Here, we took a traditional fabric (tweed) and multiplied it by itself. Layering on texture feels especially right for fall. The only trick is to keep the colors similar so they don’t compete — and you’ve mastered the mix. Get this look, or shop all tweed.
More to explore in Style
- Style 12.18.17 Holiday Issue: Photographer Claiborne Swanson Frank on Holiday Traditions & Style Tips
- Style 12.16.17 Holiday Issue: Editors’ Style Tip
- Style 12.15.17 Holiday Issue: Exclusive Wallpaper
- Style 12.14.17 Holiday Issue: Gingerbread-House Windows
- Style 12.13.17 Holiday Issue: Tory on Holiday Memories & Decor