Just as Bob Dylan had Blonde on Blonde, we can apply that theory to some of our favorite style pairings: Color on color. Print on print. Texture on texture. It all works. Here, we took a traditional fabric (tweed) and multiplied it by itself. Layering on texture feels especially right for fall. The only trick is to keep the colors similar so they don’t compete — and you’ve mastered the mix. Get this look, or shop all tweed.
More to explore in Style
- Style Tory On: Summer 2016 Tue, May 24, 2016
- Style Meet the Entrepreneurs: La Ligne’s Valerie Boster, Meredith Melling & Molly Howard Sat, May 14, 2016
- Entertaining Meet the Interior Designer: Mark D. Sikes Fri, May 13, 2016
- Style Editor & Author William Norwich On: My Mrs. Brown Thu, May 12, 2016
- Style Mother’s Day: Spotlight on Stylist Jessica de Ruiter & Family Thu, May 5, 2016