Make some room on your bookshelves (or coffee table) because there’s a new magazine in town: Document Journal, founded by Nick Vogelson and James Valeri. See Anna Dello Russo through Maurizio Cattelan’s provocative lens. Read Charles Renfro’s interview with architects from the Cuban Revolution. Or check the watercolors by Jack Pierson. The rest of the roster in this luxe cocktail of art, culture and fashion is equally impressive; contributors include Francesco Vezzoli, René Ricard, Laurie Simmons and Erwin Blumenfeld.
To celebrate the launch, there’s a party at Bookmarc tomorrow night, with window installations by Rachel Feinstein and Ricky Clifton. Maripol will be on hand shooting Polaroids. Meanwhile the after-party, at No. 8, will bring out another New York icon (and Document subject): Joey Arias is expected to perform.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To See: Alexander Calder at Christie’s & Tory Burch Madison Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture Jill Brooke On: The Need to Say No Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture In Memoriam: Gabriel García Márquez Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture Katty Kay On: The Confidence Code Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Tribeca Film Festival Tue, Apr 15, 2014