When titans met (sort of). In its upcoming Turner Monet Twombly: Later Painting, the Tate Liverpool is bringing together masters JMW Turner, Claude Monet and Cy Twombly. All three were fascinated by landscapes but translated them so differently. While London is gearing up for the upcoming Olympics, this is the perfect chance to stop and appreciate the waterlilies, the lake and the poplars.
Monet’s Poplars on the Epte, 1891 Tate, 2011
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Word of Mouth: TBF & Women Rule Sat, Dec 7, 2013
- Culture Tastemakers: The de Purys on Art Basel & Gifts for the Art Lover Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Quote of the Day: Nelson Mandela Fri, Dec 6, 2013
- Culture Book of the Week: Jane & Serge. A Family Album Thu, Dec 5, 2013
- Culture Word of Mouth: A Generation Born Free Mon, Nov 25, 2013