- The Hair
- The Makeup
- …And the Nails
Stylist: Eugene Souleiman
Beauty Brief: “It’s when a good hair day goes bad. Pretty and chic, yet quirky. Upscale but undone. Not too perfect. There’s a poetry to the mess.”
Think Chignon: “It elongates the line of your neck. And looks quite sensual and lovely.”
Do You Need to be a Pro? No. “It’s five minutes, literally. Hair that’s more textured is easier to put up.”
Get the Look: Prep with texturing spray, then blast with hairspray. Don’t tease unless you really need extra volume. Grab hair, twist, and pin up.
The Finishing Touch: “The jeweled clips are like brooches. Place randomly. It’s not wedding hair — I had to tell a load of hairdressers not to be like hairdressers.”
Stylist: Di Kendal for MAC
Beauty Brief: “Really fresh with a worn-in smoky eye, like you’ve been out all night and you’re a bit disheveled.”
Word of Advice: “Either you do the eyes or you do the lips.”
Get the Look: Prep skin with MAC Comfort Crème moisturizer, then use Studio Finish concealer with the #190 brush. Line top and bottom of eye with pencil in Smolder. Blend outwards, then use a Q-tip, almost taking it off. Apply Studio Fix Lash mascara to outer corners only. Brush cheeks with Tenderling powder. Dab on lip balm — no color needed.
Beauty Must-Have for Fall: “A kohl pencil”
Round or Square? “Rounded nails are very elegant and feminine. Sheer pink is simple and sophisticated,” says stylist Ana-Maria.
More to explore in Beauty
- Beauty Makeup Artist Diane Kendal On: Holiday Beauty Tips Tue, Nov 10, 2015
- Beauty Blogger Louise Roe On: Being the Leading Lady in Your Life Sat, Oct 3, 2015
- Beauty Spotlight On: The BCRF Collection Fri, Oct 2, 2015
- Beauty Spring/Summer 2016: Backstage Beauty & Hair Wed, Sep 16, 2015
- Beauty NYFW: Glamour’s Simone Kitchens on Beauty Tips & Essentials Fri, Sep 11, 2015