1. The first thing you should do when you walk into a party is thank the host or hostess.
2. Bring something — anything — as a party favor.
3. Do at a party what you would want someone to do at your party.
4. Avoid being cliquish. If you’re holding court, invite wallflowers into your circle.
5. If you spill something, take responsibility, grab a rag and club soda and clean it up.
6. Before you go, you must thank a hostess for having you.
7. Send a thank-you note.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Book of the Week: California Surfing & Climbing in the Fifties Fri, Mar 14, 2014
- Culture Dr. Sam On: The Psychology of Time Management Sun, Mar 9, 2014
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014