Silent film The Artist is a visual and auditory palette cleanser to get you through the cacophony of the holidays. The love story between a 1920s aging movie star and a rising starlet is beautifully told against dramatic sets, peppy tap dances and chic flapper ensembles. There’s even a spunky Jack Russel sidekick. Busby Berkeley would be proud.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture Dr. Sam On: The Psychology of Time Management Sun, Mar 9, 2014
- Style 10 Minutes with an Entrepreneur: Fiona Kotur Thu, Mar 6, 2014
- Culture To Do: Alex Katz at Thaddaeus Ropac Sun, Mar 2, 2014
- Culture Entrepreneur: Out of Order’s Dorian Grinspan Sat, Mar 1, 2014
- Culture Survival Guide: Tracy Brennan’s Oscar Weekend Fri, Feb 28, 2014