Silent film The Artist is a visual and auditory palette cleanser to get you through the cacophony of the holidays. The love story between a 1920s aging movie star and a rising starlet is beautifully told against dramatic sets, peppy tap dances and chic flapper ensembles. There’s even a spunky Jack Russel sidekick. Busby Berkeley would be proud.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture 12.12.18 To Visit: Miró Exhibit, Grand Palais
- Culture 12.6.18 To Read: The Wes Anderson Collection
- Culture 11.26.18 To Visit: Andy Warhol at The Whitney Museum of American Art
- Culture 11.12.18 Spotlight On: Illustrator Maddie Edgar
- Culture 11.7.18 Spotlight On: Grand Central Terminal’s Celestial Ceiling