Dickens, Kipling, Churchill and other art and political luminaries made London’s Dover Street Arts Club a famed spot to throw a party or meet tête-à-tête in the 19th and early 20th centuries. The old townhouse was recently redone and re-opened…with Mark Ronson djing in the basement nightclub and Gwyneth Paltrow and Stella McCartney helping with decor.
More to explore in Culture
- Culture To See: Alexander Calder at Christie’s & Tory Burch Madison Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture Jill Brooke On: The Need to Say No Mon, Apr 21, 2014
- Culture In Memoriam: Gabriel García Márquez Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture Katty Kay On: The Confidence Code Thu, Apr 17, 2014
- Culture To Do: Tribeca Film Festival Tue, Apr 15, 2014