Q: If I buy just one look this season, what should it be? — Julia, London
A: This season, the best investment is a tailored suit. A perfectly-cut jacket and trouser never goes out of style and can be worn in so many ways. I love a men’s-inspired chalk-stripe look paired with a bow blouse and leopard pumps. I also wear my blazers and trousers separately. A blazer can be worn over a printed dress, skirt or jeans, and tailored pants are a great foundation for the office with blouses or sweaters.
More to explore in Style
- Style Meet the Stylist: Martha Ward Wed, Apr 16, 2014
- Style New on the Scene: Louisa & Pookie Burch’s Trademark Mon, Apr 14, 2014
- Style Editors’ Style Tip: Coachella Chic Fri, Apr 11, 2014
- Style Street Style: Zina Charkoplia’s Scarlet Fever Thu, Apr 10, 2014
- Style Workweek Chic: Spotlight on the Sheath Tue, Apr 8, 2014